Purpose of Position:
The Solutions Engineer is a degreed architectural engineer, lighting specialist, and creative problem solver who collaborates with clients to understand their challenges and create solutions. Solutions Engineering works closely with our sales partners and the architectural design community to understand their vision and deliver renowned architectural lighting solutions around the world using product portfolio of interior and exterior products. Strategically placed at the intersection of architectural design, product engineering, sales, marketing, and manufacturing, the Solutions Engineering team is foundational to our strategic objective of delivering world class service across the entire customer journey. Areas of specialization include applications engineering, installation and site integration, product modifications, technical support, commissioning, post-sales, and trouble shooting.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
• Successful completion of a BS degree in architectural engineering, lighting, or similar field required.
• No professional experience in lighting or an adjacent construction industry is required.
• Candidates with professional training, industry certifications, or advanced degrees are preferred.
• Demonstrates awareness of the lighting industry and its channels to market.
• Experienced with lighting design software suites – Agi32, Dialux, Visual, or the equivalent.
• Proficient with 2D and 3D modeling software suites – AutoCAD, Revit, Solidworks, or the equivalent.
• Basic knowledge of electronics and their application within new construction practices.
• Must have the capacity to learn and navigate software programs and business systems quickly.
• Must have strong problem-solving skills and an analytical approach to all tasks.
• Possesses a positive, professional attitude, and a willingness to be part of a team environment.
TARGETED LEADERSHIP QUALITIES:
• Managing Processes – Consistently focused on driving incremental improvement; adopting company policies; utilizing systems; adhering to process; understanding methodologies; defining handoffs; measuring output; providing governance and guidance around process adherence.
• Conflict Management – Relating to peers on a personal level; cooperating; joint problem-solving; navigating internal organization battles; establishing reputation for conflict resolution; managing partner organizations; avoiding conflict proactively.
• Decision Quality – Reacting when under time or other pressure; weighing conflicting goals and commitments and making decisions based on core values; exhibiting wisdom in counsel; judging character; reading market place and internal company situations.
• Managerial Courage – Adapting in a management environment where autonomy is valued; making decisions; setting priorities without intense oversight; volunteering; taking unpopular positions; addressing people problems; taking negative managerial action when necessary.
• Drive for Results – Pursuing goals; maintaining focus; seeking out quantitative comparisons; demonstrating results in a variety of environments; relentless in the pursuit of key strategic goals; does not lose focus and is not easily distracted from core mission.
• Demonstrate a high standard of work ethic, professionalism, punctuality and reliability at all times.
• Challenge the process! Evaluate, promote, and support continuous improvement every day.
• Act with respect, integrity, ownership and accountability at all times…our pillars of leadership.
• Ensure quality above all, always working towards the most knowledgeable & effective service team.
• Actively support of our desire to deliver world class service across the entire customer journey.
And finally, company has put forth a set of governing principles. If values govern behavior, principles govern consequences, and we’ve established four principles to provide the entire organization with a set of hierarchical direction for decision making. First and foremost, as a leader, you are the Brand. Be proud of it and protect it. Second, People are our most valuable asset. Our decisions should always reflect this. Third, Safety is our first priority. Zero lost-time accidents are not a goal, it’s an expectation. And last but not least, we strive for Excellence in everything we do!
• Minimal travel requirements in support of market engagement activities.