Cuvee Systems is an early stage venture backed startup that currently provides smart driver solutions into the LED Lighting market. We are seeking an entrepreneurial systems architect specializing in lighting to specify, develop and
support Cuvee’s products and drive next generation smart drivers and new product categories with differentiated feature sets that drive commercial success in the
markets that they serve.
The Lighting Systems Architect will be responsible for our smart driver and peripheral product architectures, wearing multiple hats with primary job functions as follows:
- Responsible for the technical requirements document for all Cuvee products
- Generates overall system requirements based on market needs and balancednagainst cost, time, complexity and differentiation
- Works closely with internal development and application engineers as well as our key customers and technical leaders in the industry to formulate, design and propose new products and architectures that fill compelling unmet needs while providing a distinct technical/commercial advantage in the market.
- Actively engages with product management and regional sales teams to analyze the technical reasons for commercial success or failure of Cuvee’s products and product families
- Analyzes technical trends and investigates and collects customer/application information that will shape and define the next generation products
- Creates sustainable technical advantages through intellectual property and company proprietary processes, techniques and know how
- Develop and support customer design in activities and ensure resolution of outstanding technical issues with our internal support team.
- Design and develop reference designs and demonstrators to highlight the advantages of Cuvee’s products
- Developing a thorough understanding of the competitive landscape and our competitor products strengths and weaknesses through benchmarking and teardowns. Incorporate a clear advantage over these aspects into the definition of our next gen products. Work with product managers to ensure that we leverage this information to sell more effectively against our competitors
- Develop close working relationships with our partners and is the primary technical interface to our development partners in China
- Work with 3rd parties/partners as needed to enrich the ecosystem and strengthen our solution offering
- Participate in IoT/Lighting industry meetings and tradeshows and deliver public presentations supporting the promotion of Cuvee products
The successful candidate will have a solid technical background, in-depth knowledge of solid-state lighting systems with a successfully track record of defining/developing innovative, differentiated products that are commercially successful in the market with cost-effective, high-performance and efficient architectures. Successful candidates are able to juggle multiple priorities with shifting targets, and a passion for invention and execution.
Qualifications for the Position
Minimum of 8-10 years of hands-on system architecture experience in Lighting systems, IoT Lighting and LED systems or adjacent technologies strongly desired. LED lighting industry Application/Design Engineers with luminaire, systems or component level experience will be highly considered.
Owns system architecture, definition of new products, competitive analysis and new technology trends.
Strong ownership and ability to track and complete deliverables on time.
Excellent writing skills and focused on the details and execution plan.
Willingness and ability to travel 25% of the time on average, both domestic and international. • BSc degree in Engineering (electrical, optical) – Master’s degree
Mandarin language skills required.