We are the Ascott Group…
a search firm specializing in the lighting industry. We have positions at all levels with Architectural, commercial, Industrial, Residential, and Solid StateLighting fixture, lamp, driver and ballast manufacturers.
Our client is a fast-paced innovative LED lighting hardware/software platform manufacturer with a portfolio of high-performance architectural LED lighting systems for high end homes and resorts. Client is expanding rapidly and is seeking a best in class Omni channel marketing leadership professional to assume role of:
Director of Marketing Communications
Client hires curious, collaborative, and autonomous visionaries who have a passion for tackling the unknown, solving hard problems, and answering questions that haven’t been explored. They are looking for an exceptional Senior Marketing leader to help shape their brand, literally from the ground up. The scope of this role will impact the entire organization, and you will have the freedom to creatively invent and inspire. If you want to push boundaries in your field, then this is the position for you.
• Your role will be to quarterback a coordinated go-to-market strategy on all initiatives to achieve maximum success out of the gate – ensuring that marketing, content, product, partnerships, activations, and PR are all synced up seamlessly to new product launches.
• You will oversee the day-to-day execution of go-to-market efforts around brand campaigns, product, and feature launches. In this capacity, you will ensure the flawless implementation of a holistic marketing plan across all parts of the business.
• You will support all cross-functional communication and help optimize workflow where necessary to ensure the larger team is able to deliver at speed, scale and quality.
• You will drive analytical rigor and consistently find creative ways to uncover untapped opportunities, drive insights, optimize initiatives, and inform future strategy/process changes.
• This role includes developing target audience prioritization, positioning and messaging, go-to-market strategies, and demand gens plans. We need to rethink how we approach product marketing and outreach programs and are looking for a candidate who brings enthusiasm for this mission, and the intellectual curiosity to challenge conventional ways of thinking.
• The ideal candidate is both creative and analytical, with an innate ability to problem-solve and move at a rapid pace.
• The marketing director will support the development and spearhead the execution of all marketing deliverables, including:
– Brand narrative linked to product marketing initiatives
– Website management and optimization
– Marketing initiatives (e.g., sales tools, email campaigns, lead generation programs, media outreach, trade show design/implementation)
– Marketing budgets and invoicing
• You have a bachelor’s degree and 7+ years of marketing experience, working in anarchitecture/design company. NYC based Agency experience is a BIG plus. Must have very strong Digital/Print/Social Media experience
• You’ve executed successful and fully integrated product/feature launches.
• You thrive in fast-paced environments, and you easily toggle between the big picture and the nitty gritty and back.
• You have a demonstrated fluency in working with Product, Marketing, Creative, and Management to execute innovative and successful launches.
• You showcase a successful history of both thought leadership and executional excellence.
• You are an master communicator with superior written, verbal, and listening skills.
• You are an astute researcher – you know your market, customers and competition better than anyone, and you integrate this information into your strategies.
• You are not afraid of leveraging data to help identify unique opportunities for the brand.
• You are a talented storyteller: You can craft compelling narratives across different channels, and you know how to match the message to the medium.
• You possess a strong drive for results, with the ability to manage independently and take calculated risks.
• You are decisive, action-oriented, and able to motivate, inspire, and lead cross teams to leverage resources effectively.
• You show a strong attention to detail, excellent organization skills, and ability to manage multiple projects and responsibilities on-time (and without the need for outside prompting).
• You possess the ability and willingness to roll up sleeves and execute to get the job done while providing leadership and mentoring to a team of 12 marketing/creative direct reports.
Prior background working directly for or as client with companies such as Poggenpohl, Dyson, Apple, Samsung, Artemide, Design Within Reach, Restoration Hardware, Chanel, Louis Vuitton, Kohler is going to be an ideal match for this role.
Please send your resume along with detailed portfolio and we will get back to you upon review.